Women Win (WW) is recognised as a leading global organisation using sport as a strategy to advance girls’ rights. We envision a world where women and girls are strong leaders and agents of change in their communities. Sport can offer a girl a place to develop skills and knowledge that translate to life off the field - how to assert herself, use her voice, make decisions, call the shots. In other words, her ‘wins’ ON the field, are ‘wins’ OFF the field also.
The U.S. entity of Women Win (Women Win Foundation, Inc.) is looking to contract a part time bookkeeper who both has the skills required to support the financial operation of the organization and is committed to the mission and values of the organization.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining all general ledger and subsidiary journals, including cash receipts, cash disbursements, program/grants and revenues
- Processing cash disbursements and receipts on a weekly basis
- Processing general ledger transactions and post entries
- Reconciling bank accounts on a regular basis
- Processing payroll, state and federal taxes through Quickbooks on a bimonthly basis
- Reconciling accounts payable on a regular basis
- Preparing monthly and/or quarterly financial statements including balance sheet, profit & loss statements as required by grantors/agencies
- Assisting in the annual budgeting process with management
- Assisting U.S. Director in quarterly budget vs. actual statements with variation analysis for management and the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees
- Liaising with outside auditors in connection with the annual finance audit
- Preparing financial aspects of interim and final reports as required by funding providers (including government funders)
- Other duties as required
- Language: Candidate must speak and write English fluently (native language proficiency).
- Legal status to work and live in the United States
- Related Degree in finance
- At least 3 years of related accounting experience, non profit experience preferred
- At least 3 years experience using QuickBooks or equivalent accounting system
- Solid working knowledge of digital expense applications
- Basic understanding of nonprofit tax regulations
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel & Word)
- Solid analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing financial transactions related to government grants preferred
This position reports to the U.S. Director and must be located in the United States. This position is not a staff position, but rather a part-time consultancy, estimated at 5-10 hours per week. Schedule can be flexible, but Bookkeeper must be available to meet with management a few times a month during work hours. S/he will be expected to use own computer, mobile phone and office/home office workspace. Payment for services will be based on an hourly/daily rate, negotiated based on experience.
The Bookkeeper’s status will be that of an “independent contractor.” Therefore s/he will be responsible for all taxes arising from payment for services and s/he is not subject to any benefits related to employee status.
Hiring for the Bookkeeper position is open and will be filled as soon as the right candidate is identified. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please submit the following to S.Murray@WomenWin.org with “Bookkeeper Application” in the subject line:
- Brief cover letter
- 2-3 references with name, relations, email, and phone number