NOWSPAR is a Zambian membership organisation comprised of women and men who believe that sport, physical activity and recreation have the power to foster social change and increase an individual’s quality of life. It advocates, educates, and increases participation of women and girls in sport.
NOWSPAR believes that all people should have equal access to information, education and healthy lifestyle choices. NOWSPAR aims to encourage and promote engagement of women and girls in all areas, levels and abilities of physical activity, sport and recreation for fun and excellence.
To advocate for the equal participation of women and girls in sport at all levels, through research, policy analysis, awareness raising and capacity development of women in sport as well as support organisations to enhance the delivery of sport for the benefit of women.
- Advocacy and civic education
- Health (HIV/ AIDS) education and awareness
- Capacity building
- Events and festivals
- Skills development
- Equal access to sport for all women
- Access to gender sensitive equipment and facilities
- Promoting women’s livelihood through sport
- Addressing gender-based violence and abuse
- Environmental conservation and sensitivity
- Promoting sport for development approach
NOWSPAR, with the support of Women Win, is implementing a series of projects aimed at empowering adolescent girls through sport. These projects include implementing the Goal curriculum in local schools in Lusaka, leading ground-breaking work on developing an international guideline for community engagement through sport, and participating in an innovative digital storytelling project.