Women Win currently invests in 32 organisations in 20 countries around the world. It is through the work of these implementing organisations and their knowledge sharing that Women Win is able to accomplish our mission on a global scale.
We seek to partner with organisations that are globally representative and:
- advance women's rights in three priority theme areas: addressing gender-based violence, accessing sexual and reproductive health and achieving economic empowerment
- develop sustainable organisations
- strengthen the monitoring, evaluation and impact-assessment capacities of organisations
Our Target Demographic
Our primary target group in grantgiving is to programmes that invest in adolescent girls and young women (ages 10-22) who lack access to social equality, economic opportunities, health information and knowledge of their rights. Girls we serve are often:
- living in poverty, with limited income-generating possibilities.
- at-risk and/or survivors of gender-based violence, including domestic violence, rape, sexual harassment, sexual abuse, conflict-related violence, forced prostitution and trafficking.
- subject to harmful traditional practices, such as early marriage and female genital mutilation.
- living in social isolation due to cultural and religious norms.
Assessing organisations and their programmes
Organisations and their programmes are assessed according to our four key criteria:
- innovation in model or activities
- impact and social change on the individual and community level
- potential for sustainability and upscaling
- influencer criteria
Note: Women Win does not accept unsolicited partner proposals and granting requests.